Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Birth Plan

So here is my birthing plan. I showed my mom and friends and they swear that I am a hippie. Whatever! I know that birth is unpredictable and you are suppose to go with the flow. But putting my thoughts on the paper easies my mind. It gives me the feeling that I am not going to be just a patient that I am a real person. Over the last 8 1/2 months I have absorbed so much amazing information in books, blogs, and articles related to child birth, pregnancy, and raising a child that I think having a birth plan is just one of the first steps in helping setup your child for success. So basically, if by bombard my doctor and nursing staff (and every other person who comes in contact with me) with my birthing plan so that I feel my child has a booming first few days of life and we are all on the same page makes me a hippie. Well... I accept.

Williams Family Birthing Plan

Important Factors
  •      Non-medicated birth. PLEASE DO NOT ASK IF I WANT AN EPIDURAL OR OTHER PAIN MEDS- We are committed to a NATURAL NON-MEDICATED BIRTH
  • Every thing possible to keep me mobile
  • Saline lock only- no fluids by IV until/unless necessary
  • THE LESS INTERVENTION THE BETTER
Labor Plan
  • Needs to be mobile, walking around, and able to labor in whatever position I am comfortable
  • Would like to shower/ takes baths as often as possible
  • Minimal use of fetal monitors
  • No internal exams
  • No Pitocin
Birth Plan
  • A natural vaginal delivery is very important to me. I would like to exhaust all other safe options before resorting to a c-section. C-section should only be done in case of a true emergency
  • No episiotomy
After Birth Plan
  • Immediately place baby on my chest for nursing
  • Please prolong bathing until after baby's first breastfeeding
  • Please do not cut cord until placenta is out and  has completely stopped pulsating
  • Please do not give baby formula or pacifier

I did copy and paste a few things from others examples off of the momblogs on the babycenter.com. I added a few things and removed a few things. I feel good about it.  And that is all that matters

No comments:

Post a Comment